Friday, August 17, 2012

baby showers

Gosh, my pregnancy went really quickly. We had to move house about six weeks before my due date, so all spare time for a few months before that was taken up with house hunting and packing. No time for blogging!

I was super fortunate to have had not one, but two baby showers so that I could celebrate and catch up with my friends and family in Sydney, but also here in Orange.

In the theme of an afternoon high tea - we had a lot of cakes and bite sized delicious treats, which were made by some friends and family.
At Sydney, my nan hosted the party and we used her fine tea cups and saucers (from the special china cabinet).
At Orange we used my sets of tea cups and saucers collected from old wares stores and given to me from elderly women.

Here's some of the pretty from my showers!


Mmm, cupcakes and slices....



 

My amazingly talented friend Alex made a red velvet cheesecake layer cake...



I made raspberry jam sealed in mason jars as little thank you gifts for my guests. We got to eat some with the scones on the day as well. Yummy.




I had a lovely day at both baby showers and am still feeling overwhelmed by the generosity and fabulousness of my wonderful friends and family. Such a special treat. x









No comments:

Post a Comment