Wednesday, July 31, 2013

renovation diary: we bought a house (project)

In very exciting news, we bought a house. An actual house.

It was built in the early 1940's with gorgeous old red bricks and classic double hung windows.

Unfortunately, it hasn't seen a lot of love for a lot of years. 
So for months before deciding to buy the house,  I've been visualising how it could look if we made a number of aesthetic changes throughout. Husband man believes that my 'focus on little things about houses that would annoy me' meant that the only way we could find a house that I would be happy with, is if we bought one that I could make all the bits just the way I'd like the to be. 

And so we find ourselves with this here house (read: project) and a final list of renovations  'to do' before we move in:
- new kitchen
- new bathroom
- new floors 
- internal paint throughout
- new doors
- exterior brick work and painting

I'm sure this list will just grow. While I'd love to be able to DIY this whole renovation, Husband Man and I aren't particularly handy, so we're hiring in some experts. I've also drawn up and iron clad contract with the Husband Man so that he cannot claim to have 'not discussed' certain items and responsibilities before we started work on the place. 

So i'll be sharing my renovation musings here for the next little while....

No comments:

Post a Comment