Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a brief kiki moment

WARNING: this is a post about my cat.
Stop reading now if you're not a fan of cats in general, my cat or me talking about my cat.




I have to admit that I  harbour crazy cat lady tendancies.

I spend vast amounts of time at icanhascheezeburger.com laughing at pictures of cats doing dumb stuff with captions that someone has made up.
I am convinced that my own cat, Kiki, has an internal monologue that is the same as these captions.

So it should come as no surprise that I very much miss my Kiki the naughty kitteh as we travel around the country.
I've taken to stalking every cat I see for a pat - I almost had to miss the royal wedding last week for some cat patting at the caravan office we were staying at.
They wouldn't let me take the cat to the TV room. Rude.

Kiki is a very small (only 3kgs), brown burmese. She's lived indoors with us in Sydney for the last thre and a half years and she could be describes as a crazy cat.

This is a cat who likes to sit in boxes, likes to eat holes in all your socks, likes to get to the very most highest places she can in the house.

Originally we had intended to bring her along - I had done much research on caravanning with cats on board and it seemed possible.

It was going to be the Cat-avan of courage.

But it wasn't possible for our kitteh cause she's far too sociable and there was warranted fears from her vet that she could be traumatised by the constant moving and/ or, run away.

So Kiki has been having a vacation of her own with Husband man's brother, sister in law and their two young daughters.

When good people have done a spot of cat sitting in the past, she's got up to all sorts of mischief.


This is the cat that once chewed the ends of every single pen in a big bowl of random things that my friend Melissa had on her bench top. 

She and her husband man discovered this about 2 weeks after she had left their care. 
All of their pens had little chew marks on them - because our trixy little kitteh had put them all back in the bowl - under things - and so covered her tracks until she'd left the house.

In this same mini-break Melissa woke one morning to find that Kiki had collected all her elastic hair bands from around the house and lined all 20 of them up at the bedroom door, as some sort of offering.


Weird much?

By all accounts at her new place she's been having just as great a time.

Kiki is getting carted around in the dolls pram, carried in shopping bags, being dressed up (having met her trixy match in my nieces), hiding in cupboards, chewing on moving boxes and sleeping in the many sunny spots around the house.


Not even missing me at all.
Not even one bit.


And especially not missing me now as she explores the great OUTDOORS...!


Yes.
For those of you that know Miss Kiki - you know her as an indoor cat.
But now that she lives in the country, she's been given some space and an open door to explore things like grass and trees.


For years birds have been prancing on the windowsills tormenting her with their butts against the glass, knowing that she couldn't get out and chase them.


Not anymore.


Now she's doing the low crouch butt wiggle attack on them. A mission always spoilt by her clanging big old collar bell.


To prove she's still alive - our sister in law (bless) sends pics of Kiki the naughty little kitteh. Here are some of her escapades while we've been away.

Pram time with my niece.


First attempts at grass.



Yes, on the roof! Had no bright ideas for getting herself down and had to be rescued by Husband man's brother via ladder.




Obviously she's not lost any of her chutzpah in this last 2 months and remains a picture of innocence at the end of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Strangely she continues to do her biz in litter tray despite that big toilet, called the outdoors, we've introduced her to. And yes, I have tried eliminating it, only to discover her squatting in the closest thing she could find to her regular loo - an open suitcase full of clothes. We love you Kikipoo.

    ReplyDelete